Directions to Glenwood Springs
Glenwood Springs is located in the Colorado Rocky Mountains, between Vail and Aspen on Interstate-70. Just west of the 16-mile scenic Glenwood Canyon, and an easy drive from Denver, Grand Junction, Aspen or Vail/Eagle airports.
Glenwood Springs is a scenic three-hour drive 160 miles west of Denver on Interstate-70. It is a 1.5-hour drive 90 miles east of Grand Junction.
“Bustang” is an Interregional Express Bus service that provides daily service between Denver and Glenwood Springs. The cost is less than $60.00 roundtrip from Denver’s Union Station to the Roaring Fork Transit Authority’s Glenwood Springs’ south station. To find out more and to purchase Bustang tickets visit their website.
Amtrak’s California Zephyr travels the spectacular rail route from Chicago to San Francisco with daily stops in Glenwood Springs. The Glenwood Springs Train Depot is located in the heart of downtown Glenwood Springs and within walking distance of accommodations and attractions.
Glenwood Springs is served by four airports. Eagle/Vail is 30 miles east, Aspen is 40 miles south, Grand Junction is 90 miles west, and Denver International Airport is 180 miles east of Glenwood Springs.
- Vail/Eagle County Regional Airport (EGE)
- Aspen/Pitkin County Airport (ASE)
- Grand Junction Regional Airport (GJT)
- Denver International Airport (DIA)
Or fly into one of two non-commercial airports:
Getting from DIA to Glenwood Springs
The Colorado Mountain Express (CME) provides service to and from Denver International Airport and Glenwood Springs, in addition to charter vans and luxury transportation. (970) 754-7433
Hitch a ride to Central Station in Downtown Denver. From DIA, take the A-Line to Central Station and either catch the Bustang (see above: Bus) or ride Amtrak's California Zephyr (see above: Train) to Glenwood Springs.
- Ride Glenwood offers bus transportation on green, hybrid buses throughout town. Ride all day for only $1.00. (970) 925-8484
- The Roaring Fork Transportation Authority (RFTA) is the valley-wide bus service. The local RFTA buses that operate within Glenwood Springs are easy to spot by their colorful Ride Glenwood Springs banners. They operate daily at 30-minute intervals. For just $1.00 visitors can ride the bus from the Glenwood Springs Mall to the Roaring Fork Marketplace south of town and all points in between. RFTA also provides bus services to destinations from Aspen to Rifle. These buses will be identified by their destination sign above the front windshield. Fares vary depending on distance. Please note that fare boxes on buses only accept exact change and RFTA bus cards. The ticket vending machine to purchase a bus card is located at the Glenwood Springs 27th Street Station. If it is dark out, use the white reflective paddles at select stops to alert the drivers to stop. (970) 925-8484
Shuttles, Limousines and Private Transportation
- Charm Chauffeurs specializes in private car service, corporate transfers, weddings, tours, destination transfers, private hourly charters and airport transfers between Glenwood Springs, Aspen, Vail, Eagle, Rifle, Grand Junction, Denver. (970) 945-5110
- Snow Limo & GAC offer private cars, shared rides and door-to-door 24/7 service for up to 200 people; ideal for both individuals and groups.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car is located at 176 W. 6th St. in Glenwood Springs and offers a wide selection of vehicles including compact to full-size cars, SUVs, minivans, and trucks. (970) 945-8360
- Glenwood Adventure Company offers group shuttle services that can be customized to any group. (970) 945-7529
- Valley Taxi provides taxi, shuttle, wedding and corporate transportation services to all of Glenwood Springs and the surrounding areas. (970) 945-4111