6 Candid Reasons to Spring Break in Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Get out of town! Why Glenwood Springs is Colorado’s favorite spring break escape.
1. The water’s always warm, even if the weather isn’t. It’s March in Colorado. With fingers crossed we hope the weather will be balmy, but even if it isn’t, the geothermal spring water at Glenwood Hot Springs and the Iron Mountain Hot Springs ranges from tepid to torrid and everything in between.
2. Our slides & rides are open. Oh yeah! Slip and slide down the Avalanche Falls and Shoshone Chute at the Hot Springs Pool. Go for maximum thrills at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park. Ride the Cliffhanger Roller Coaster, the Giant Canyon Swing or the Alpine Coaster for a screaming good time (weather permitting).
3. Who doesn’t love spring skiing? It can be so warm you could ski naked, but please don’t. We advise wearing at least a t-shirt and shorts. Sunlight Mountain Resort is a spring breaker’s dream with one of the longest, most scenic runs in the state (Ute) and one of the steepest (Heathen).
4. Don’t expect the usual song and dance. Sip wine and sing along at the Riviera Supper Club where an ex-Broadway showman plays his favorite show tunes and yours. For a comedy show that is the definition of side-splitting, cheek-hurting hilarity, pull up a seat at the Glenwood Vaudeville Revue. No joking!
5. We’ve got psssteam heat. Just like a radiator, hot mineral water fills the caverns under the mountain at the Yampah Spa & Vapor Caves for an all-natural earthly purgatory that leaves you feeling purified, detoxed and refreshed.
6. International arrivals & departures. When it comes to food in Glenwood Springs, we speak Italian, Spanish, Nepalese, Japanese, Polish, Chinese, German, Jamaican and even Cajun! We are also conversant in dialects of ice cream and java.
There are plenty more reasons Glenwood Springs is a top Colorado Spring Break getaway (Doc Holliday, Hanging Lake, spas …), find out more about all of them at www.visitglenwood.com.