It’s All Happening in Glenwood Springs, Colorado!
• Earth Day Celebration, April 22 The Earth Day Celebration in Glenwood Springs is a fun festival for all ages. Exhibits, hands-on activities and family-friendly booths teach about the importance of protecting our environment in a fun and engaging manner. There will be live music, a green zone for kids, green gardens, recycling and a community bike ride that starts in Two Rivers Park at 740 Devereux Road.
• Music on the Mountain, May 26, June 3, June 10, June 11, August 19 & 26 Music on the Mountain is Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park’s free, mountain-top concert series. Guests can also ride the tram or bus for free with the donation of a canned food item for the Lift-Up community food pantry. The concerts, held on top of Iron Mountain, overlook Glenwood Springs and the Roaring Fork Valley.
• Strawberry Days Festival, June 16 – 18 The 120th Annual Strawberry Days Festival is June, 16-18, in Sayre Park on Grand Avenue. It is the oldest, continuously held civic celebration west of the Mississippi! The 3-day festival features bands playing an eclectic mix of music; a Family Fest area with interactive, entertaining and creative experiences for the kids; a fine arts and crafts fair, food court, an old-fashioned carnival and a parade down Grand Avenue. Among the highlights is the time-honored tradition of serving free strawberries and ice cream on Saturday after the parade.
• Farmers’ Markets, June - September Sample the variety of the season direct from local farmers, ranchers, bakers and artisans. Enjoy live music, a beer garden and cooking demos at the Tuesday market held in Sayre Park, on Grand Avenue, from 4 – 8 p.m. On Saturday mornings, growers also gather in front of Rite Aid, 1412 Grand Avenue, to sell fresh fruit, vegetables and flowers. In the fall, roasted chili peppers scent the air on weekend mornings.
• Summer of Music, June - August Summer of Music is a free 6-week concert series that takes place in Two Rivers Park, 740 Devereux Road, every Wednesday evening at 6:30 p.m. beginning in June. Over the years, it has become a venue for both established performers and up-and-coming musical talent.
• Wild West Fermentation Fest, June 30 & July 1 With a Rocky Mountain backdrop this 2-day celebration in the heart of Glenwood Springs features live music, food carts and plenty of fermentables! Sample an assortment from across the region, including 20 craft breweries, 5 wineries, 5 cideries and 5 craft distilleries. The Fermentation Fest takes place on the upper level of the parking garage at Ninth Street and Cooper Avenue.
• Glenwood Springs July 4th Celebration The City of Glenwood Springs, along with local sponsors, presents a day of music and merriment to celebrate our nation’s Independence Day. Events take place in Two Rivers Park at 740 Devereux Road beginning with the Lions Club 4K Firecracker Run. Afternoon festivities kick off at 5 p.m. with games for kids and families. Live music, from 5 – 7:30 p.m., will have the crowd in front of the band shell jumpin’ and jivin’. The evening culminates with the Symphony in the Valley performing a patriotic concert under the stars followed by a spectacular fireworks display.
• Summer Block Party, August 12 The Grand Avenue Bridge in Glenwood Springs will temporarily close for construction in August. Help send it off in style! To celebrate these big, exciting changes happening in Glenwood Springs, the City will host a huge community block party downtown Glenwood Springs with dancing in the streets, a beer garden featuring craft brews, food booths, an epic kid’s play space and creativity areas to make art!
Now that you’re in the know, make plans to visit Glenwood Springs today where there’s always something exciting going on. Find out more at www.visitglenwood.com.