Glenwood Hot Springs Pool
Hot Water You’ll Want to Get Into
No visit to Glenwood Springs is complete without a stop at the Glenwood Hot Springs, home of the world’s largest hot springs pool. The hot mineral water has been drawing visitors from all over the world since 1888, when the resort and original spa officially opened for business. But even before that, the Ute Indians made yearly pilgrimages to the springs which they considered to be sacred.
Swimming, soaking and playing in the Glenwood Hot Springs Pool is an iconic Glenwood Springs experience. Where else can you swim the length of a football field in water that’s as warm as bath? Different people have different reasons for visiting. Some come to immerse themselves in the healing mineral-rich waters, others come to swim outdoors when there’s a blanket of snow covering the ground, still others hope to deplete their children’s energy reserves by keeping them busy for a few hours or days. You’ll have to visit to find out first hand what you love best about Glenwood Hot Springs.
Glenwood Hot Springs Fast Facts
• The “big” pool is 90 – 93 degrees Fahrenheit, all year long.
• The therapy pool is between 102 and 104 degrees Fahrenheit and has bubble chairs and submerged marble benches.
• There are two water slides and a kiddie pool, open in summer.
• Admission fees are variable depending on age, time of day and season.
• Once you pay admission, you can leave and come back at no charge that day.
• You can bring your own lunch and coolers, but don’t bring glass containers or alcohol.
• There’s a poolside restaurant where you can enjoy delicious value-priced meals, ice cream, snacks, wine and beer.
• Lounge chairs are available on the deck for you to use during your visit.
• You can rent a suit and a towel, or you can buy what you need at the Sport Shop.
• There are men’s and women’s locker rooms with showers and coin operated lockers. There are also family changing rooms available.
• Glenwood Hot Springs is open almost every day of the year until 10:00 p.m.
Glenwood Hot Springs
401 North River Street
Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
Phone: 800-537-SWIM or 970-945-6571