Get Ready For Adventure In Glenwood Springs, CO
Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park features several scream-worthy thrill rides, along with a variety of kid-friendly attractions and activities for the whole family.
Ride the Rides On Top of Glenwood Canyon
- Cliffhanger Roller Coaster – Perched on the edge of Glenwood Canyon, high above the Colorado River, experience the highest-elevation, full-sized roller coaster in the country.
- Giant Canyon Swing – For the truly adventurous, the Giant Canyon Swing at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park launches riders 1,300 feet out over Glenwood Canyon and the Colorado River! Both the ride and the views of the canyon and the river below are breathtaking.
- Soaring Eagle Zip Ride – This two-seat zip ride carries riders 600 feet up Iron Mountain before releasing them downhill for the thrilling trip back to the ground.
- Glenwood Canyon Flyer – Fly up, up and around on the Glenwood Canyon Flyer as it swings out over Glenwood Canyon, 1,300 feet above the Colorado River.
- Alpine Coaster – Ride Colorado's longest Alpine Coaster! Riders control their own speed as they travel 3,400 feet through the trees and down the mountainside in individual cars on tracks with banked turns and wavy straights. It's been named one of the "10 Best Roller-Coaster Rides of Your Life" by USA Today.
- Iron Mountain Tramway – Panoramic views of Glenwood Springs, Mt. Sopris and the Roaring Fork Valley are the highlight as passengers ride 4,300 feet up the side of Iron Mountain in fully enclosed gondola cabins.
Some rides and attractions are seasonal and may be closed at any time due to weather or maintenance. Please check with Iron Mountain Tram personnel at the base before purchasing tickets.
No visit to Glenwood Springs would be complete without a tour of the Glenwood Caverns. Explore the underground landscape millions of years in the making. Learn about the living cavern that’s home to thousands of formations, including stalactites, stalagmites, soda straws, cave bacon and flowstone. Experience the amazing King’s Row, the most highly decorated cave room in Colorado. There are two 40-minute walking tours appropriate for most ages that depart throughout the day. No reservations are necessary for the walking tours. Longer Wild Tours are available with advance reservations.
Even More to do Than Caves and Rides!
Indoors or outside, there’s something here for everyone.
- The Wild West Express, a train-themed, family-friendly roller coaster, and the Mine Wheel Ferris wheel are perfect for the wee ones. Kids love the Old West shootout in the state-of-the-art laser tag arena. The 4D Motion Theater is fun for all ages, combining thrill-ride action with digital animation to make viewers feel like they're actually inside the movie! There’s also a climbing wall, a giant maze, a gemstone sluice-box and more.
- Lookout Grille: This on-mountain restaurant offers family favorites like burgers, sandwiches, wraps, soups, salads and a kid’s menu. Dine in or sit out on the expansive deck and take in spectacular vistas of the mountains and valleys below. The Snack Shack offers casual outdoor dining during the summer months, including soft-serve ice cream with flavor bursts.
- Shopping: Find souvenirs, gifts, clothing, handmade fudge and more at the General Store Gift Shop and the Trading Post. For a vacation keepsake, play dress up and pose at Silk’s Saloon Olde Tyme Photos.
- Winter on the Mountain: Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park sparkles during the winter months with a dazzling display featuring a half-million twinkling lights, a giant Christmas tree with a musical light show, lighted nighttime thrill rides and fire pits for roasting s’mores. Visits from Santa and carolers brighten up the holiday season even more.
- Groups: The Adventure Park offers affordable packages for group and company picnics, family and school reunions, birthday parties and school field trips. Discounts for tour operators and groups are also available.
- Events and Entertainment: Special events include an annual Easter Egg Hunt, a Summer Kick-Off Party during Memorial Weekend, and Music on the Mountain concert series. Guests can enjoy live music and entertainment throughout the summer, including Western favorites at the Cowboy Camp and visits from Doc Holliday and Kid Curry.
- The park’s Funday Pass includes both walking cave tours, a round-trip tram ride or bus ride during inclement weather, and unlimited access to all rides and most attractions. Annual Tram Passes and Annual Thrill Passes provide even greater value for guests who want to visit several times a year. Open year-round. Some rides are seasonal.
Accessibility at the Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park
The Iron Mountain Tramway and Adventure Park, including the Adventure Park Gift Shop and the Lookout Grille, are wheelchair accessible. Because of the stairs and walkways that allow for safe foot travel through the cave's natural terrain, wheelchairs and strollers are not permitted in the caverns.
51000 Two Rivers Plaza Road
Glenwood Springs, Colorado 81601
Parking is available at the Iron Mountain Tramway Station. To minimize parking congestion, guests are encouraged to walk, ride or take the bus.
Ride Glenwood: Taking the bus is a free and convenient way to get to Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park's tram base station located off Two Rivers Plaza Road. Ride Glenwood service runs between Wal-Mart and the Glenwood Mall with stops every 20 minutes.
Visit www.GlenwoodCaverns.com for a list of current operating hours.