Nothing beats traveling to help you experience something new. From thrill rides to whitewater rafting, there are plenty of exhilarating opportunities to push your personal boundaries in Glenwood Springs.
According to placesyoullsee.com, one of the top travel trends for 2018 is getting out of your comfort zone. Today’s travelers want more than just “lounge time” on their vacations. They are looking for adventure and for new experiences, often with a thrill-seeking component. In addition to being one of Colorado’s top spots for geothermal relaxation, Glenwood Springs is a premier outdoor adventure destination. Visitors come, not only to soak in its healing waters, but also to partake in one-of-a-kind adventures like whitewater rafting, thrill rides, Segway and off-road tours, ziplining and even paragliding.
The reasons to get out and live life are many. Comfort zones are, well…comfortable, but not necessarily ideal if you want to become a more adventurous, interesting, engaged and confident individual. As the famous saying often attributed to Mark Twain goes: “Why not go out on a limb? Isn’t that where all the fruit is?”
Venturing out on that proverbial branch can be the real-life equivalent of riding the Giant Canyon Swing at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park or paddling through the tumultuous rapids with names like Man-eater and Tombstone on the Colorado River through Glenwood Canyon. Doing so not only gives you an adrenaline rush but can also help you manage risk and deal with adversity when life’s unexpected challenges inevitably come your way.
Trying new things doesn’t have to be dangerous, although an element of fear can heighten the senses and add to the adventure. To challenge yourself in Glenwood Springs, try these adrenaline-pumping activities:
- Rafting Class III and IV rapids through Glenwood Canyon
- Kayaking and standup paddle boarding on the G-wave at the Glenwood Springs Whitewater Area
- Segway tours around town or up a rugged road on Red Mountain
- Backcountry jeep and ATV tours
- Tandem paragliding from the peak of Red Mountain
- Thrill rides including the Haunted Mine Drop, the Giant Canyon Swing, the Alpine Coaster and the Cliffhanger Roller Coaster at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park
- Tandem sky diving from an airplane traveling at 120 mph
- Ziplining back and forth across the Colorado River in Glenwood Canyon
- Navigating a high ropes course or challenging climbing wall
- Traditional and sport rock climbing at the Puox (pronounced the pukes) in Glenwood Canyon
- Horseback riding tours in the high country surrounding Glenwood Springs
- Mountain biking on Glenwood’s new Grandstaff Trail
When you challenge yourself, you learn valuable lessons—you become resilient, capable and fun-loving! Start planning your getaway to Glenwood at www.visitglenwood.com.