Grand Avenue Bridge Is Open
Helping visitors navigate their way to a great vacation in Glenwood Springs, Colorado
The Grand Avenue Bridge project in Glenwood Springs is the largest and one of the most exciting construction projects to take place on the Western Slope of Colorado in the last 25 years. Functionally complete, the impressive structure opened to traffic on November 6, 2017, ten days ahead of schedule. More than 3,000 people attended the ribbon-cutting ceremony and took the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to walk across the new platform before it opened to vehicles. Although all four lanes are now open, there will be intermittent lane closures through spring and early summer 2018 as workers complete aesthetic detailing. The new bridge provides not only a safe and effective corridor for vehicular travel with wider lanes and better traffic flow, but also a welcoming gateway to Glenwood Springs and all it offers to visitors year-round.
The first most significant milestone in the bridge project was completed in April 2017. The Pedestrian Bridge connects downtown Glenwood Springs' shopping and dining district with North Glenwood where many of the town’s major attractions are located, including the Glenwood Hot Springs Pool, Yampah Vapor Caves, Iron Mountain Hot Springs and Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park. One of Colorado's most walkable towns is now even more accessible thanks to this pedestrian update and others.
For the latest updates and information on continuing phases of the Grand Avenue Bridge project, check the resources below:
- If you are visiting the Hot Springs Pool while you are here, please check their website for updated parking information.
- For the construction information, visit www.cdot.gov and follow the progress on their Facebook page.
- Bridge news and updates from the City of Glenwood Springs.
- Stop by the Glenwood Springs Visitor Center in person to ask questions and get answers about Glenwood Springs.
- Check CoTrip, for traveler information on Colorado interstates and highways.
Thank you for choosing Glenwood Springs as your Colorado vacation destination, we appreciate all of our visitors and wish you a relaxing, fun-filled vacation in our water-centric community.