Glenwood Springs is a photogenic destination not just for visitors, but for filmmakers as well. Blue skies, historic backdrops, and riveting scenery make it a natural choice for a set location. Since 1926, nine movies have been filmed in part in Glenwood Springs, and the town remains high on Hollywood’s list of go-to location sites.
- Mr. & Mrs. Smith starring Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie
- For Love of the Game starring Kevin Costner and Kelly Preston
- Tall Tale with Patrick Swayze and Oliver Platt
- Under Siege 2, Dark Territory, a Steven Seagal movie that also featured Katherine Heigl
- Flashback with Dennis Hopper, Kiefer Sutherland and Carol Kane
- Messenger of Death starring Charles Bronson
- Vanishing Point, a 1970s cult hit
- Pressure Point starring Hollywood greats Sydney Poitier, Bobby Darrin and Peter Falk
- The Great K & A Train Robbery starring the original Hollywood cowboy, Tom Mix
Explore all of the historical things to do, learn and see in Glenwood Springs with a modern twist; there is something for everyone and a new adventure to be had every day! For more Glenwood Springs history, visit the Glenwood Springs Historical Society and Frontier Museum.